A while ago I mentioned that I would have to drive round Almerimar (including the lakes area) to see what building work is going on. As there are a lot of cranes about. I did this last night.
I made a decision to only take photos of complexes that are being built. Not individual villas.
The route I took was as follows:
- starting at the Velas Blancas roundabout
- take the road that is the right turn if you were coming down the hill
- drive past the back of the newer part of the Villa Augusta complex
- follow the road that loops around the back of the Master 3 (Classic) 9 holes on the golf course
- join up with the road that takes you from Mercadona up to the lakes area
- keep going to the far end of the lakes area, past Laguna beach
- at this point I was a bit naughty - the road around the back of Laguna beach back to where we started is supposed to be only used by people who live in that area - it is very rough and ready at the moment so I would not recommend it for general use
- I went around the back of Laguna beach and eventually ended up where I started taking the photos.
Highlights include the refurbishment of the apartments near the golf course that were miss-sold years ago, a new junior school, a new supermarket and loads of complexes of houses and apartment blocks.
According to their page on Facebook this supermarket and delivery service is opening at the end of June 2022 in Almerimar.
You can see all of the photos here in the Gallery. There are around 40 of them.