The article here on the Olive Press site has details of upcoming new, stricter driving rules that are likely to apply in Spain in the next few weeks.
Read More for a bit more detail.
These will cover:
- mandatory wearing of helmets for people using electric scooters
- six points for driving while holding a phone
- four points for not fastening your seat belt
- fines for having a speed camera detector or radar detector in your car
- speed limits to apply on secondary roads when you are overtaking (previously you were allowed to go up to 20 kph faster than the speed limit on secondary roads).