Jacqui and I have been away playing various other courses recently. So yesterday was the first time in a while we played at Almerimar. Having played yesterday I have to say that the course is in pretty good nick. Much better than earlier in the year.
Various changes are occurring such as:
- the greens are improving all the time and the ball rolls quite a bit faster than earlier in the year. They are not as fast as at Valle del Este but they are still a massive improvement on earlier in the year.
- the first cut of rough has been trimmed a lot and the fairways have been widened. However if you stray over the paths into the trees you may struggle to find your ball. I feel this is pretty fair.
- the group of 10 palm trees to the right of the first fairway has been tidied up. 5 of the trees have been cut down completely. The other 5 have been trimmed a lot.
- the temporary green to the front right of the first green has been removed and marked as ground under repair.
- the scrappy patch of grass in front of the 8th green has been reseeded. As a temporary measure the bridge to the right of 8th green has been closed. You have to access the green from the left.
- various palm trees around the course have been trimmed or are in the process of being trimmed.
- the practice area at the far end of the driving range looks like it is being rebuilt. It is currently covered in plastic. I guess it will be a while until it reopens.
Well done to the green keepers and the management of the course for the improvements so far. Lets hope the state of the course continues to improve.