2ND UPDATE ON PINK CHARITY GOLF DAY - Various changes (e.g. clarification of pink ball competition, closing date and time for request for alternative handicaps etc.)
Here is some updated information about the the Charity Golf Day on 10th April, we already have well over 40 confirmed entries so it promises to be a really great day. We can also confirm that we have well over 30 prizes for the raffle and the sale of the 300 tickets is going well, they will also be available to buy on the day (if we have some left!!)
In advance of the day there are some updates to advise you of.
Draw for teams – this will now take place on Wednesday 8th April in Leos bar at 9 pm.
Golf and Handicap details. We have been asked to clarify these;-
· There will be individual prizes for the best score by a lady and the best score by a man.
· There are team prizes for the best 3 teams – the best two stableford scores at each hole to count.
· There is an additional Pink Ball team prize – using an actual pink ball to be played in strict rotation by each member of the team – as marked on the separate Pink card. The “pink score “ on each hole also contributes to the team score if it is one of the best two scores on that hole. If you lose the pink ball then the Pink Ball team score is final at that point. If you have a pink ball score on the 18th hole then you must RETURN the pink ball!! You can choose to play/not play the pink ball at any hole – (if you think the nominated player of the pink ball may lose it!) BUT remember the Pink ball also counts to the overall team score so this would mean that this player could not contribute to their own or the team score on this hole!!
· In the case of any ties the lowest handicap will be the winner, in the case of a further tie the scores on the card will determine the winner (best last nine etc )
· HANDICAPS. The default handicap to be used will be your Friday Golf Society (FGS) Handicap. If you do not have an FGS handicap but have a Spanish Federation Handicap then you should use this. If you have neither an FGS nor a Spanish Federation handicap then you should use your official Club or Federation handicap. If players wish to declare or use handicaps other than on this basis then please contact the organisers with your request by no later than 12:00 noon on Tuesday 7 April 2015.
· Every effort will be made to make up teams of 4 , if this is not possible due to late withdrawals or no shows then the usual “Doris principle “ will be applied.
Entry fees are 15 Euros, if you can pay your entry fee in advance – at Monday golf on 6th April or Tuesday Golf on 7th then please do this as this will save time on the Charity Day itself. If you want additional suppers for partners/spouses on 10th (also at 15€) then please let us know, we would also appreciate an indication of your choice of supper of Chicken Curry or Lasagne (or a vegetarian option if required).
IF YOU CAN WEAR SOMETHING PINK THEN PLEASE DO SO!
Please contact David Holden if you have any queries or concerns or can no longer take part. If you do not have his contact details then please contact us and we will pass your email on to David.
With many thanks
Michelle, Mary and David
The PINK Charity Golf Day team.